Snow Days

Old January 28th 04, 08:12 PM

Default Snow Days

well, it's Snow Day, Part the Third, and harriet and i are getting a
little tired of it. the first day was fun, but this is getting a bit
ridiculous. it's funny, but i can spend days on end alone and not be
bothered by it, but as soon as i *can't* get to civilization, it makes
me stir crazy. i had intended to try to get into town this ayem, but
when i got to the bottom of the drive, the road was drifted over with at
least a couple of feet of snow. hrmph. i shouldn't complain, though.
at least i didn't slide off the drive and get stuck, like one of my
neighbors did.

elliott is loving it, though. he wants to spend all his time outside.
harriet isn't very impressed. she refuses to go out and play, and she
doesn't want elliott going out without her. jealous, bossy little brat.
whenever he goes out, she sits at the storm door, watching him and
yipping at him to get his ass inside Right This Minute! he's good at
ignoring her, though. i love watching him trot around, checking the
perimeter, then wuffling and snow-plowing when he's satisfied that all's
clear. last night, when he was done amusing himself, he decided to curl
up in a drift of snow and didn't want to come inside when i called him.
he sure looked comfy enough.

and, i highly recommend (night!) sledding as a temporary cure for cabin
fever. wheee! if you don't have someone to sled with, ask your
neighbors if they can come out and play. it's well worth it!

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott & harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

This is an impressive crowd, the haves and the have-mores. Some people
call you the elite. I call you my base.
-- George W. Bush, Al Smith Memorial Dinner, New York NY 10/19/2000
Old January 28th 04, 08:33 PM

shelly wrote:
well, it's Snow Day, Part the Third, and harriet and i are getting a
little tired of it. the first day was fun, but this is getting a bit
ridiculous.

I've always thought the most dangerous thing about being
snowed in for days during a blizzard was being stuck inside
with mail order catalogs and a bunch of credit cards.

I looked out the window this morning and thought that we
didn't get that much snow last night, but I just got back
from a somewhat exhausting ski - the snow was knee-deep in a
lot of places.

I dunno. I almost never get cabin fever.

In 2001, drug companies spent $45.1 billion on marketing and
advertising and only $19.1 billion on research and development

Old January 28th 04, 09:57 PM
Gwen Watson

Melinda Shore wrote:

In article ,
shelly wrote:
well, it's Snow Day, Part the Third, and harriet and i are getting a
little tired of it. the first day was fun, but this is getting a bit
ridiculous.

I've always thought the most dangerous thing about being
snowed in for days during a blizzard was being stuck inside
with mail order catalogs and a bunch of credit cards.

Yes specifically J&B dog supplies, Foster and Smith
etc. I could easily get into a real credit card debt.

Gwen

Old January 28th 04, 10:27 PM
Judy

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
I've always thought the most dangerous thing about being
snowed in for days during a blizzard was being stuck inside
with mail order catalogs and a bunch of credit cards.

So far, I've only actually placed one order. But I have catalogs folded
open for everything from LL Bean sunglasses (which I really NEED) to Chef's
(stuff I really just WANT).

In spite of about a foot of snow over the past two days, we did make it out
to the store today. But unless the township shows up pretty soon and plows,
the road will be completely and officially drifted in. The only reason it
is still at all passable now is that the snow is so fluffy.

So tomorrow may actually be MY snowday!

~~Judy

Ugh, snow balls, and girls in heat Child Dog behavior 0 December 12th 03 06:26 AM
Ugh, snow balls, and girls in heat Child Dog behavior 0 December 12th 03 06:26 AM
OT - snow! J1Boss Dog behavior 80 December 7th 03 09:54 PM
OT - snow! J1Boss Dog behavior 0 December 5th 03 08:33 PM
OT - snow! J1Boss Dog behavior 0 December 5th 03 08:33 PM