Litter Announcement and Kids

Old January 31st 04, 04:11 AM
Manadero

Default Litter Announcement and Kids

Just wanted to share that our long awaited Sequoia x Coree litter is on the
ground. Six boys and one girl, three blue merles, four black tris (though two
of the merles are like dad, very minimal merle!)

But really wanted to share what my kid said in re to the whole thing... The
litter was whelped at Debbie's house, so I went to assist. Coree isn't much of
a "kid" dog, so the boys were left with their dad. Not wanting to get their
hopes up too much (cause you know, sometimes it just doesn't go well) I was as
non committal as I could be. "Are you bringing the puppies home?" "Perhaps a
couple of them".. "Are we keeping them or will they go to new homes?" "It's
possible that they'll be placed, I don't know for sure if we're keeping one"..
to which Zach, my "dog" kid (gosh, he's worse than I ever was, and that's
saying something!) drew himself up (to all of four feet) and indignantly
replied "It's a stupid thing to risk your bitch if you're not breeding for
yourself. Good people don't breed just to sell the puppies. *I'm* keeping
one!"

Out of the mouths of babes... Of course, now that they are here and healthy,
we're keeping one... just didn't want him to be crushed if it didn't come to
pass.

Robin