Strange behavior in mini schnauzer

Old January 31st 04, 07:17 PM
Jilldolls

Default Strange behavior in mini schnauzer

For the last couple months, my 2 year old mini schnauzer has become obsessed
with the sump pump. It is in a downstairs bedroom closet. Whenever somebody
goes downstairs, he runs top speed to the sump pump and sits there in front of
it for awhile, sometimes a long while. My husband went in with a flashlight,
pulled up the plywood cover and looked around real good and sees nothing there.
Its winter, so other than a little residual water from before it froze
outside, there is nothing in it. Sometimes he will sit there shivering in front
of it or bark to get us to come with him to see it. If the closet or bedroom
door are left closed, he will sit and whine in front of the door until he is
let in. We see no evidence of mice or any other animals. My husband thinks he
has doggy OCD and thinks we should take him to see a doggy shrink. Any ideas?

Jill