show gear

Old April 26th 04, 06:51 AM
Cin

Default show gear

Hi everyone i was just wondering if any of you have had a go at making a
trolley to put the crate and all the show gear on? If so how did you go
about it?

My dad and i have been talking and have decided to make one (dad is very
clever and his mate has all the tools to weld and whatever else is needed to
be done) but we have no idea where to start. I would love something that is
easy to fit in my car(a holden barina, i keep the back seets folded down and
the crate fits in there) and easy to use!

If anyone has had a go could you give me a few tips?
Thanks

Cin

--
-------------------------------------

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~c.collings/

We really never lose the ones we love...
They live forever within our hearts.

They say a man isn't dead unless he is forgotten, my brother will never be
forgotten

When a baby is born the angels weep and humans rejoice. When a loved one
dies, humans weep, but the angels rejoice."

Old April 26th 04, 07:45 AM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:51:23 +1000 Cin whittled these words:
Hi everyone i was just wondering if any of you have had a go at making a
trolley to put the crate and all the show gear on? If so how did you go
about it?

My dad and i have been talking and have decided to make one (dad is very
clever and his mate has all the tools to weld and whatever else is needed to
be done) but we have no idea where to start. I would love something that is
easy to fit in my car(a holden barina, i keep the back seets folded down and
the crate fits in there) and easy to use!

If anyone has had a go could you give me a few tips?

You might want to look at some of the existing ones.

I don't care for this design:
http://lcsupply.com/store/catalog/crate_dolly.htm
Its not very flexible in what it can be loaded with because something long
and narrow e.g. an umbrella or folded chair can slip through and either
fall off or drag on the ground.

I have something like the cage dolly shown here
http://www.dog-training.com/gccrate.htm
All the dollys are heavy, and this one is too. The metal handle makes
manipulation in akwaard spaces easier than the rope hanlde because you can
push as well as pull. The mesh style bottom allows greater variety in
stuff that can be carried. I wish the wheels collapsed to reduce the
profile.

The multi-cart on the same page looks really cool. I'd love to see one in
person.

Another set of similar designs to the first:
http://www.precisionpet.com/productP...&Sub=72&Cat=17

A different approach is to just put wheels on the cart. I've seen some
people do this. Here is something similar.
http://lcsupply.com/store/catalog/ke...ess_crates.htm

Many casters (wheels) have a flat metal plate for attaching to whatever is
to become wheeled. I could see welding a metal "reciever" on the
underside of a metal crate then sliding the caster in to make removable
crate wheels.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/