The Wikipedia

Old February 3rd 04, 04:10 PM
KWBrown

Default The Wikipedia

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote in
:

I don't know if anyone has brought this up here before, so I thought I
would, just in case.

Most of us are familiar with Wikis, and how they work, but this Wiki
is particularly interesting. I found it here(thanks to a Dan Gillmor
column):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

snip

What do you think the chances are that there can ever be one central
and essentially exhaustive source of information regarding dogs?

And would having one extensive source even be that much of a quantum
leap forward, given today's Internet search-engine capabilities?

I like the Wikis' work - it's fun to browse around the encyclopedia and see
how much accumulated knowledge is within.

For a very long time, I have fallen back on the K9web.com FAQs, but they seem
to have disappeared recently. I can't pull them up today. The breed FAQs
were generally strong and there were some good basic behaviour articles.
Diane's Dog-Play site has had lots of great stuff for years, too.

Kate