Anal Glands expression

Old February 4th 04, 12:00 AM
Mystik Monkey

Default Anal Glands expression

My doggy, almost 2 years, GSD mix, expresses his anal glands inside the
house, seemingly with his tongue as if here were digging for gold, leaving
the rancid stench on the carpet. I've purchased Lax-aire to help him
defecate outside in hopes that would help express them, but it doesn't seem
to help. Any ideas?
Old February 4th 04, 12:05 AM
Pat

Take him to the vet and get them cleared .
It is painful for the dog that's why he goes mad.
I found if when you feed a GSD if you keep their toilet so it is nice and
firm that helps.
One of my GSD her anal glands became very infected and she had to have then
taken out.
Pat

Old February 4th 04, 06:24 PM
Mystik Monkey

On 2004-02-03 16:05:26 -0800, "Pat" said:

Take him to the vet and get them cleared .
It is painful for the dog that's why he goes mad.
I found if when you feed a GSD if you keep their toilet so it is nice and
firm that helps.
One of my GSD her anal glands became very infected and she had to have

then
taken out.
Pat

I work at a vet, and they said just to express them myself, but he didn't
agree with them. He doesn't express them all the time, just sometimes, as
if he didn't finish going to the bathroom.

Another thing, I think he's very obsessed with me, and toys. He usually
sits by the window outside when I let him out to play with the other dog,
and he whines at me or stares continually, and ideas on how to get him more
fun oriented? And any ideas on how to keep him from being overly obsessed
with toys? I know, working at a vet clinic I should have easy access to all
the answers, but my dog is an entire enigma.
Old February 4th 04, 06:24 PM
Mystik Monkey

Old February 4th 04, 06:24 PM
Mystik Monkey

Old February 4th 04, 06:24 PM
Mystik Monkey

anal glands kimberlycards Dog health 2 September 25th 03 10:19 AM
Expressing anal glands internally [email protected] Dog health 2 August 1st 03 06:17 AM