Wolf park

Old February 4th 04, 05:21 AM
Lochiegirl

Default Wolf park

Hi

I was just wondering if anybody out there has ever been to the Wolf
Park in Indiana and if so, I would love to know what it was like and
whether it was worth it.

Being from Oz, we are planning a holiday in October and one of my
life's dreams is to see real life wolves.

I would really appreciate it if any one has any info regarding this
and any other wolf parks worth visiting.

thanks

Lochiegirl
Old February 4th 04, 05:59 AM
Tricia9999

I have been and will go again this year. It is a wonderful place full of great
learning opportunities. Erich Klinghammer worked with Konrad Lorenz (one of my
heroes) many years ago. Erich is older now and not in great health, but his
people still carry on the great tradition. There are many seminars throughout
the year. You get to watch the wolves with the Bison, you can watch wolf
behavior from dawn til dark and then some. You can howl with the wolves.

Old February 4th 04, 06:25 AM
Shelly & The Boys

"Tricia9999" wrote in message
I have been and will go again this year. It is a wonderful place full of

great
learning opportunities. Erich Klinghammer worked with Konrad Lorenz (one

of my
heroes) many years ago. Erich is older now and not in great health, but

his
people still carry on the great tradition. There are many seminars

throughout
the year. You get to watch the wolves with the Bison, you can watch wolf
behavior from dawn til dark and then some. You can howl with the wolves.

Did you happen to catch the Nova special this evening on PBS?
They mentioned Wolf Park. I enjoyed the program.

There is a place up in Washington state called Wolf Haven.
http://www.wolfhaven.org/ A friend from herding works/lives there,
and I really need to go up there one day and check it out.
Shelly & The Boys in Oregon:
Coda & Bodhi

Old February 4th 04, 02:16 PM
Robin Nuttall

Shelly & The Boys wrote:

Did you happen to catch the Nova special this evening on PBS?
They mentioned Wolf Park. I enjoyed the program.

I enjoyed the program too until they started talking about how all
purebred dogs are inbred monstrosities that are doomed to die of genetic
diseases. I wish they had done a bit more research on that, and had
pointed out that there are purebred lines that are quite healthy, and
also that mixed breeds also get genetic disease, something that wasn't
mentioned a single time.

I also thought it was quite ironic that they talked to Coppinger, who
said we should quit breeding purebreds and special purpose dogs
alltogether and should just breed "good pets" (whatever that is), then
at the end of the show talked about the many services dogs still perform
for man while showing a variety of purebred dogs doing what they are
good at. Hard to breed a good purpose bred dog if you destroy purebreds
and breed only for "good pets."