How to tire the dogs out

Old February 12th 04, 09:27 PM
Suja

Default How to tire the dogs out

Looks like I've stumbled onto something here. Today has just been One
of Those Days. Had to get up earlier than usual, because DH said that
someone was going to come by and pick something up, so I stayed home and
waited. Since DH had to go to work early and I was waiting, the dogs
didn't get walked. Turned out, there was a miscommunication, and the
person who was supposed to come home to pick something up actually had
gone to DH's work instead. Fed the pups, packed them up and drove over
to this guy's office to drop something off. The dogs got walked for 10
minutes in the trails nearby. Hopped back in and drove to drop
something else off, that was thankfully in the same neighborhood. I
knew I had to go and return the memory DH had bought which turned out to
be the wrong thing, and the store was on the way home but Pan had a vet
appointment and I had forgotten to take stinky treats to get her to
cooperate, so rushed home, cut up some Turkey Kielbasa, zapped it, and
then rushed to the vet. Got there with 1 minute to spare, but of
course, we had to wait for 15 minutes before the vet showed up
(unusual). The dogs got walked again for another 20 minutes or so, and
then we drove all the way back to return the memory. Another 10 minute
walk, grabbed lunch at Baja Fresh, and came home. Ordinarily, Khan is
VERY good at reminding me that it is time to go out, and would've been
roo-rooing in my ear now. He's snoring upstairs. So's Pan.

Gotta wake up the lazy lumps and go to the mud pit we call the dog park.
Now you know how to get the dogs tired without doing too much of a
work out. Just make sure they get no beauty sleep during the day.

Suja