problem solving

Old February 13th 04, 05:16 AM
culprit

Default problem solving

i'm very impressed with Manu lately. i'm sure i've mentioned before that i
thought he was kind of dumb at first. every now and then he reminds me just
how wrong i was about that.

last saturday morning, the invisible fence person was over, meeting the dogs
and evaluating our property for next week's installation. Both dogs were in
the family room, basking in all the attention.
Lola saw her tire chew toy and ran over, picked it up, and started prancing
around the room with it. "look what i have! don't you wish you had one?
you can't have mine!"
Manu ran over and tried to take it away, but Lola won't let him have it, and
gives him a little growl to make sure he gets it. suddenly, Manu runs to
the window and gives a warning bark. Lola jumps up and runs to the window
to see what it is. as soon as she reaches the window and starts looking,
Manu runs over to the toy, steals it, then hides under the coffee table,
chewing happily.

the invisible fence lady stops writing. looks at me strangely. "did that
dog do what i think he just did?"
yep. my dog is a problem solver. he's a smart one, that boy.

-kelly

yes, i changed tenses in the middle of the story. oh well. i'm too lazy to
fix it.