Dog Marking Inside

Old February 15th 04, 09:11 AM
JP

Default Dog Marking Inside

Ok here is my story. I have Bichon Frise male, Cole, who is neutered. He
will be 4 on March 1st. He was neutered July 24, 2000 so around 4 1/2
months old. He is healthy. He was paper trained easily and uses his papers
in my house 100% of the time (that I know of I take him outside when I am
able to for walks and to let him sniff and relieve himself. He has a bad
flea allergy so he doesn't get to go outside a lot.
He visits my mom's house regularly since he was brought home and he uses
the papers at her house very well too.
About a year ago my mom got a new puppy and since the puppy has matured a
bit we caught Cole marking in her apt around the puppy's cage area.
Recently my mom moved and he has started marking in her new apt on her new
furniture. I caught him once in the act and scolded him and put him in the
puppy's exercise pen while I cleaned it up. He was left in there for a
while to let him know I was not happy with him. The second time I found
him marking was after we got home and the leg of the table was wet (same
table as before but different table leg) so I brought him to the table and
put his nose in the pee and told him no. He growled at me a bit and I put
him in the exercise pen.
I make sure to walk him and let him relieve himself before I bring him in my
mom's new apartment and we even let him out on her patio to mark outside.
When my mom brings the puppy to my house he doesn't mark here but he will go
on the papers right after the puppy pees on them. He gets to play with the
puppy 4 to 5 days a week and they run themselves ragged so he gets good
exercise.
How can I keep him from marking inside my moms house and other friends
houses if I take him with me. Thanks for any advise.

JP