A way to Control dogs?

Old February 24th 04, 09:02 PM

Default A way to Control dogs?

I would like to know whether the following is true or not?

Is it correct that if someone fears dogs, they are more likely to be
attacked by them? Or when someone does not fear dogs, will dogs attack him
if he comes near to the home where a dog lives?

I heard that animals feel fear of humans.
I just watched a documentary from Canada on TV, which says that animals
can`t smell fear as fear itself is an emotion but they can smell the
special odour of sweat that is produced by fear.

So ( this is my reasoning, was not in the documentary) if they smell of our
sweat having the odour of fear they will feel that they are stronger than
us, & will attack us, and what if some one do not fear dogs approach near
one at someone`s home & don`t show any fear ,will the dog attack him or not?

I also saw in a movie ( I think that it was actor Bruce Willis) that he
submitted himself before a dog who was running to attack him, ( that is he
made sounds similar to dogs who recognise other dogs as his superior) &
rolled over onto his back just like what dogs do. And the agressing dog
then stooped his atack.

Does this method work in reality when a dog attack us?( that is if we do the
same, will the dog stop attacking us?

I wonder whether this method or the one I mentioned first( not showing fear,
nor feeling fear ) will work with all dogs, or only untrained dogs( that is
dogs that has not been trained as a guard dog).

Another item I would like to know.

I heard that if one allows a dog to lie down in front of one`s door, this
means that we are allowing the dog to consider himself a the head of the
group, that is the dominant, and that then he/she will not respond when you
order him/her to do something.

Regards Joseph.