Doggie Zit?

Old September 10th 03, 02:48 PM
Dimpled Chad

Default Doggie Zit?

Okay, so giving our shih tzu Frankie his nightly full-body massage last
night, I noticed on his front paw (around where our wrists might be) a knotty
lump, pretty small, which I'm thinking is just a pimple of some sort. It
doesn't look like a bite, its not red or oozing or anything. Frankie doesn't
seem to be bothered by it (no sensitivity to me inspecting it, and he's not
particularly licking it or anything). Sound like a zit? Just ignore it?
Suggestions?

Thanks,
Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships
are made for.

Old September 10th 03, 04:10 PM
M. MacDonald

Depends on how old he is. Not familiar with dog zits but they seem
possible.

My dog, age 9, has dozens and dozens (literally!) of warts and skin tags on
legs, face, head, and his back. I had the vet remove some of them for a
small fortune and most all came back, some larger. Now he says "Don't worry
about them as they aren't cancerous" - but they look bad. Someone suggested
castor oil applications but I never have tried it.

Sometimes they do go away....

Mack

Old September 10th 03, 05:15 PM
Suzmyers

The area you are describing is where a dogs dew claws are located...could it
just be a reminant of the removed dew claw?

Sue
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

Old September 10th 03, 05:20 PM
Dimpled Chad

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:15:42 GMT, Suzmyers opined:

The area you are describing is where a dogs dew claws are
located...could it just be a reminant of the removed dew claw?

Hi Sue,

Assuming that I know correctly what a dew claw is, he still has all of them.
The spot in question is further up his front leg and more towards the center,
almost right above the joint.

Thinking more about it, he has been licking his legs there of late. Frankie
has been with us for 2 years (he's approximately 7), and this is the first
time I've noticed this bump/lump, if that extra info helps.

Thanks,
Chad

Old September 10th 03, 05:20 PM
Dimpled Chad

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:10:58 GMT, M. MacDonald opined:

Sometimes they do go away....

Mack

Hi Mack,
Thanks for the note. I'm just trying to determine if I should not worry about
it or if the vet should get a call.

Chad

Old September 10th 03, 06:48 PM

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Dimpled Chad wrote:

It doesn't look like a bite, its not red or oozing or
anything. Frankie doesn't seem to be bothered by it (no
sensitivity to me inspecting it, and he's not particularly
licking it or anything). Sound like a zit? Just ignore it?
Suggestions?

dogs get acne, but it's generally on their chins. it sounds
like Frankie has a scar, wart, or tag (no biggie). if it were
me, i'd keep an eye on it for a few days, since it doesn't
sound like an immediate problem (not sore or inflamed). it
may go away. if not, i'd go ahead and make a vet appointment.
it's probably something completely benign, but it's better to
be safe than sorry. (harriet gets all sorts of weird knots
that go away after a few days. the ones that don't get
checked out.)

i hope, whatever it is, it goes away!

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Can anyone identify my doggie? George Dog breeds 9 April 17th 04 04:28 PM
Doggie Nicknames CaptRon Dog breeds 16 December 6th 03 08:12 PM
Doggie Mascot Cute Puppy Toy Giftopt Dog activities 0 November 24th 03 06:47 AM
new house SamNC001 Dog breeds 5 November 11th 03 12:55 AM
Doggie Incontinent Phyllis Dog health 5 July 21st 03 12:04 AM