My (unwanted) present

Old February 26th 04, 04:07 AM
Shelley

Default My (unwanted) present

Hubby is gone this week on a business trip, so I'm home alone with the dogs.
This isn't something that bothers me - it happens about once a month - but
today Rusty brought me a present I wasn't so happy with...

It was beautiful out this morning. After months of cold weather (and to my
dogs, anything below 70 is cold), it was 35 when I woke up this morning. I
fed the dogs and then sent them out for their morning bathroom... I watched
them go and then they were playing chase out there, so I let them be,
knowing that Rusty would bark when they were ready to come in.

Well, an hour passed and Rusty finally barked. I got up and when I opened
the door, Pixie ran right in, but Rusty just wagged his tail and wriggled
all over, as if he was very proud and very excited. I looked closer and saw
something was in his mouth... It was a sparrow. The thing was dead, but
Rusty was doing his darndest to get inside with it to continue his playing.
That wasn't OK with me. Luckily, he listened to me when I told him to drop
it and he went in without his toy and I went out to take care of the mess.
I was very happy to see that he played somewhat gently and the bird was all
in one piece, but there are now a lot of bird feathers stuck on our back
door mat.

I am a bit dubious, though. I know that between the two of them, they can
get into all sorts of trouble inside, but killing a bird? Rusty's pretty
slow moving and Pixie isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. I'm pretty
convinced that the bird was already dead when they went out there and with
the snow melting, they were able to move around more (they refuse to step
foot in the snow and I've been shoveling areas for them to go to the
bathroom). I just hope that next time they do it, Adam's home and he can
take care of it. I don't mind gross stuff, but I've got a problem with dead
critters - they give me the heebie jeebies!

Shelley & Rusty & Pixie (who will be returning home in 16 days and the house
sure will be quiet without her!!!)
http://rusty.bump.us

Old February 26th 04, 10:54 AM
Cin

I am a bit dubious, though. I know that between the two of them, they can
get into all sorts of trouble inside, but killing a bird? Rusty's pretty
slow moving and Pixie isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. I'm pretty
convinced that the bird was already dead when they went out there and with
the snow melting, they were able to move around more (they refuse to step
foot in the snow and I've been shoveling areas for them to go to the
bathroom). I just hope that next time they do it, Adam's home and he can
take care of it. I don't mind gross stuff, but I've got a problem with

dead
critters - they give me the heebie jeebies!

I have a 13 year old Staffy, he can hardly walk yet when he is out in the
sun he can jump and catch a bird in mid flight.

I remember one of my old cats was crying to come inside one night, i went to
let him in and he had a dead mouse in his mouth. I yelled at him and he took
off. He has been dead for 6 years now and i still feel guilty about it, he
was just trying to make me proud of him (my last cat used to eat mice,
(this is really gross) she would suck/chew everything but the spine and head
so they would look like lolly pops. I nearly had a heart attack the first
time i saw one!

Cin

Old February 27th 04, 09:04 PM
Bigjoe

Cin a écrit dans le message :
.............................CUT
I have a 13 year old Staffy, he can hardly walk yet when he is out in the
sun he can jump and catch a bird in mid flight.
I remember one of my old cats was crying to come inside one night, i went

let him in and he had a dead mouse in his mouth. I yelled at him and he

took
off. He has been dead for 6 years now and i still feel guilty about it, he
was just trying to make me proud of him (my last cat used to eat mice,
(this is really gross) she would suck/chew everything but the spine and

head
so they would look like lolly pops. I nearly had a heart attack the first
time i saw one!
Cin

Just take a look to
http://www.netlaughter.com/kittyhiphop/kittyhiphop.cfm
)

Old February 27th 04, 09:04 PM
Bigjoe

.............................CUT

Old February 27th 04, 09:04 PM
Bigjoe

.............................CUT

Old February 27th 04, 09:04 PM
Bigjoe

.............................CUT

Old February 29th 04, 10:16 AM
Cin

Just take a look to
http://www.netlaughter.com/kittyhiphop/kittyhiphop.cfm
)

hahaha, i dont think i have laughed that much in years. thanks

Cin

Clicker Training/stopping unwanted behavior Scott Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 03:23 PM
Clicker Training/stopping unwanted behavior Scott Dog behavior 0 January 23rd 04 03:23 PM
OT Geek Guy Present Judy Dog behavior 92 December 28th 03 03:21 AM
OT Geek Guy Present Judy Dog behavior 0 December 11th 03 11:23 PM
OT Geek Guy Present Judy Dog behavior 0 December 11th 03 11:23 PM