OZ Blue Heeler, is this a US based newsgroup?

Old February 28th 04, 05:26 PM
glynis dalton

Default OZ Blue Heeler, is this a US based newsgroup?

Newbie here, wondering if this is a USA site. The Aust. Blue Heeler. You
could not want for a better dog. They are fearlessly loyal to their owners,
guard naturally, and are as tough as old bags. When originally bred by
farmers to get the Bluie, dingos were part of the breeding process. So,
there is the OZ wild dog in their genes as well. These dogs are more at
home om a farm and love cars. They are seen all over OZ travelling in the
backs of utes. Builders /tradesman often have them, 'cause NOTHING will be
stolen from their work ute with a Bluie on board. Their coat is wonderful
and doesn't shed. They also come in a red colour. They handle cattle by not
rounding up so much as nipping at hooves and moving cattle along.
The real 'rounding up' is left to the Kelpies and Border Collies. The
Kelpies actually run across the sheep's backs when they are penned.
Helpfull for shearing and dipping etc.
The Bluie though must be trained. They are a head strong, dominant natured
dog. Very smart. If there is a problem with children, I would suggest a
muzzle.
Also, play, these are smart dogs. Use food rewards for good behaviour. I
had to have my Bluie put down last year, she was a rescue from the animal
haven. Worst day of my life. I had only had her for 2 years. She was
elderly when I got her, had been neglected and used in a puppy farm
operation. She bonded with me, was loyal to a fault and even when extremely
ill guarded me with her life. To Gabs, at the Rainbow Bridge, God Bless
You.