shedding question

Old February 29th 04, 07:28 PM
badgirl

Default shedding question

Ok, so the house is almost done and ready for the market. It's now
coming fast into warmer springtime and I'm having a hard time keeping
up with the dog hair though which brings a question to my mind.
We are moving from the Chicago area down to Florida. (anywhere in
Florida LOL) My dogs both shed ALOT in the spring because they grow
the extra under coat for the winter which of course they need here
because of the cold nasty winters we get. My Rottie who's coat is
short and coarse isn't as bad as my Shepherd (I know, "duh" right?),
who has long thick fur. (ok, here's the stupid question LOL) Once we
get there and they get better used to the not so drastic weather
change, are they still going to shed as badly every year (twice a year
for the Shepherd btw) or will their bodies adjust and they just won't
grow as much to shed. How long if they do adjust does it usually take
when moving from one type of climate to another?
Anyone have any experience regarding this?

Jen,
sick of having to vacuum every day

Question for the hunters here DogStar716 Dog behavior 137 December 12th 03 06:51 PM
Question for the hunters here DogStar716 Dog behavior 0 December 7th 03 05:55 PM
Question for those who've bred dogs - or seen it happening FurPaw Dog behavior 94 November 12th 03 05:51 AM
Question II Merry Darr Dog behavior 0 October 11th 03 03:39 PM
Question II Merry Darr Dog behavior 0 October 11th 03 03:39 PM