wee terrier training

Old March 1st 04, 10:42 AM
Tommy Glassford

Default wee terrier training

Puddles is a white west highland terrier and he's 20 weeks, he's 10 pounds
in weight. He's coming on brilliant with his toilet training but he's still
doing a lot of biting, but he's getting there with our 7 year old daughter.
It's basic stuff like when to cut down on the meals. We'd like to stop his
1200 feed, but he doesn't really take much of his 0800; how do I go about
him taking more at 0800 and less at 1200 and slowly reducing and stopping
the 1200 with the next feeds at 1600 and 2000.

For his weight and age, is this okay? How much water should he be getting on
a daily basis?

When out he's doing a lot of tugging on the lead, how do I reduce and then
stop this? More importantly is that he continually insists on eating
whatever he comes across and this can be dangerous for him and for me/us
trying to take whatever off of him. How do we go about this?

Incidently, when peeing, he squats. When will he lift his leg so that I know
for certain he's doing something, the way he looks at me when he's squatting
I'd sware he's just taking the mike.