Is it like riding a bike?

Old March 3rd 04, 03:09 AM
Marie

Default Is it like riding a bike?

So this Saturday, after over a year of bedrest and new parenting, Macula and
I are going back to class. We're heading out to one of our old trainers who
moved and set up a new facility. It's a little far, but she was by far the
best trainer Macula had so I'm hoping her classes will be as good as her
one-on-one work.

Gotta admit though, I'm kinda scared. I've been away from the whole
working-with-my-dog thing for so long. What if Macula is a butthead? What
if I'm incompetent? What if I/we make a fool of myself/ourselves? Will
hubby survive alone with the kidlets for three or four hours ('course he
will)? I'm hoping this whole human-dog communication/working together thing
is like riding a bike--something you never quite forget how to do.

Marie

Old March 3rd 04, 03:38 AM

In article . rogers.com,
Marie wrote:
I'm hoping this whole human-dog communication/working together thing
is like riding a bike--something you never quite forget how to do.

Ah. I thought you meant "Is it like riding into a parking
meter and smashing your glasses?," which it isn't.

Dogs are wonderfully smart and remember, if not everything,
an awful lot. Some tune-up will be needed but you should be
back on track in no time.

The Congressional Budget Office projects that Bush's new tax and
spending plan will produce a $2.75 trillion budget deficit in 10 years

Old March 3rd 04, 03:47 AM
Julia Altshuler

Oh goodie! Questions I can answer!

Macula will be a butthead. You'll be incompetent. You will make a fool
of yourself. Hubby will survive as will your children. The cool thing
is that everyone else in the class will be in the same boat, and you'll
all get the giggles together. It sounds like a lot of fun. I look
forward to a full report.

--Lia

Old March 3rd 04, 03:16 PM
Shannon

Butthead dogs remain butthead dogs, no matter what. I'm sure Macula will
not dissapoint in this regard, but I'm also sure that she'll remember a
*few* things, and that the both of you will learn a few new ones.

Oh, and it will be good for hubby to be alone with the kids for a few hours.
He'll develop some important parenting skills that way.

-Shannon

ble.rogers.com...