Designer Dogs on NGC?

Old March 8th 04, 03:44 AM
Shelley

Default Designer Dogs on NGC?

Did anyone else see the show called Designer Dogs on the National Geographic
channel tonight? I'm halfway through it right now and I'm just getting
angrier and angrier. They just had a piece on Caucasian (sp) Mountain Dogs
and how they make wonderful guard dogs with very little training.

They showed one man who got one of these dogs for protection. The dog
weighed 180 pounds - 40 pounds more than his owner. The man took the dog
for a walk and was dragged on his butt as a car drove by because the dog
started to chase it. When the walk was over, the man was soaked in sweat.
He said that he really felt safe with that dog. Not hardly! He lived in a
neighborhood where people would walk by with their children and he had to do
all he could to make sure this dog didn't attack them.

Just wondered if anyone else caught it.

Old March 8th 04, 07:29 AM
Jo Wolf

This has run at least twice before... Makes you want to dope-slap a few
gazillion folks for sheer stupidity.... I can't watch it again, or I'll
blow a stroke!

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old March 21st 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

I think you're missing the point of the show if it's getting you so
angry and thinking that the dog is getting a bad rap. It's not about
the dog, it's about the human and what the human is doing wrong. This
followed by what can and should be done so that the dog can be the dog.

Old March 21st 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

bondar11 said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I did not catch this show on the Caucasian 'Mountain Dogs'
however I heard about it.

That show aired two years ago - at least that's when the post to
which you responded was made.

Why does dogbanter dot com allow one to do this?

Never mind. I'll figure the answer before you respond in 2008.

Old March 21st 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Why does dogbanter dot com allow one to do this?

FWIW, I think that I'l start cc'ing the admin of dogbanter
) on these type of posts. I received
a good response from google when I did the same thing.

Old March 21st 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Rocky wrote:
FWIW, I think that I'l start cc'ing the admin of dogbanter
) on these type of posts. I received
a good response from google when I did the same thing.

"A good response" is fixing the problem, which Google did.
However, they have a completely different revenue model from
xxxbanter.com (and there's all sorts of banter websites, not
just pet-oriented ones). I don't see the incentive for
xxxbanter to clean up their act, short of making the online
lives of the people who use it so hellish that it drives
away their customers. I'm not sure even that would hurt
the banters.