Running the shepherd

Old August 3rd 03, 02:23 PM
cplus

Default Running the shepherd

I posted this question in my other post but it either wasn't answered (which
is fine) or I missed the post.

Firstly though I'd like to express my appreciation to the group for their
helpful advice and GREAT! topics. I've learned a lot and hope to continue
learning.

Here's a recap of my dog (his name is wolfie). He's a 7yr old GSD with
minor hip problems (he does the bunny hop when he runs but walks, gets up
and takes stairs fine). He's on 3 tablets of glucosamine a day. I've found
the liquid stuff but will wait until the pills are finished to try it. He's
also on nutro's senior dog food with glucosamine and chondroitin. Right now
he gets 4 daily walks with at least 1 of them being a good run in the park
(playing with his Kong or a ball and running around with my other dog). I
also have about 12 stairs leading up to my apartment that he's got to take
at least 5 to 6 times a day. My question is, Is this a good routine to keep
his hip joints flexible and problem free (as much as it can be for now).
Should I cut out the runs or keep it to just one (he sometimes has 2) or is
running a good thing?

Thnx again guys for being so informative. I would be at a loss without you
all.
Cp

Shepherd dominating lab Peppergirl Dog health 2 September 6th 03 07:07 AM
German Shepherd Puppy Orthopedics Wooster Dog health 2 September 1st 03 05:29 PM
Running the shepherd cplus Dog health 4 August 4th 03 03:05 PM
correct teeth formation, German shepherd Teresa Dog health 1 July 10th 03 09:57 PM
Shepherd hair loss qwert0u Dog health 1 July 2nd 03 12:15 PM