troubled shetland sheepdog

Old March 12th 04, 08:26 PM
surfink

Default troubled shetland sheepdog

We got a minniature collie a few months ago from a so-called "backyard
breeder",
who was mistreated. She is extremely nervous and skittish all of the time,
and she barks at every noise and becomes very disturbed when she sees a
reflection (light shining on a miror, flashlight, etc.) to the point where
she's attacked my camera.
She walks around the apartment and bites the walls, kitchen chairs, and even
tries to bite the floor... she doesn't seem to bite soft objects like
couches.
She has a bunch of chew toys so it's not a lack of something to chew.
One other bizzarre thing to note is that she jumps ontop of my cat and my
sisters leg, (for means of keeping this post "clean" I'll leave it to your
imagination what she's doing when she does this).
Is there anything that can be done with this dog? Herbal medicine, specialty
training?
Any tips to help this dog are very appreciated. We are very attached and do
not want to give her up to someone who can tame her. Thank you.