Sad situation (Really Long!!!)

Old March 15th 04, 03:49 AM
Rae O'Malley

Default Sad situation (Really Long!!!)

Hello again everyone! I hope you all are well. I have another question I
need some answers for.
A little more than a week ago, my next door neighbors had a house fire. It
destroyed all of one bedroom and the rest of the things in the house got
significant smoke damage. Pretty sad. Well, the people had 3 dogs living
with them. A two month old Chihuahua that stayed in the house, a six month
old pit bull and a puppy that I'm not exactly sure what is that both stayed
outside. The day of the fire, I told the people that if they wanted me to
feed and water the pups, that it would be no problem. They rejected my
offer saying they can do it themselves. No one is living in the house, but
the puppies are still outside. The people are over quite often cleaning out
the house, but they usually pay no attention to the pups. I went over there
for the first time today since no one was there to check on the dogs. They
have food, but it is just dumped all over the ground. The water bucket had
flies, and other bugs, and lots of dirt. I gave the babies fresh water and
some treats to chew on. My question is...I want to make sure the pups are
taken care of, but I don't want to infringe on the family. What should I
do? Should I just continue to care for the pups and hope that the family
ends up taking them, or should I just back off? I have actually thought of
finding the puppies homes, but I don't want to cause the family any more
grief.
Thanks!
Love
Rae