Doggie Commandments...

Old March 19th 04, 10:22 PM
Jake

Default Doggie Commandments...

Haven't seen this posted in any of the groups, so I thought I would throw it
out there. I have had this blown up and framed - It's in our living
room....We really love this.

THE COMMANDMENTS - FROM A DOG'S PERSPECTIVE....

1. My life is likely to last for 10-15 years. ANY separation during that
time from you will be painful for me. Remember that when you get me, and
when you leave me alone.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. I don't understand your
language, and please be patient while I try and learn it.

3. Place your trust in me, as I place mine completely in you.

4. Don't be angry with me for very long, it upsets me, and I promise I'll
try my best next time to not make you angry.

5. Please don't lock me up as punishment, I won't understand why you are
locking me up, and it will scare me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me everyday, I will remember it forever.

7. Please don't hit me with anything. I can't hit back, but I can bite and
scratch and I really don't want to do that.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, lazy or
beligerant, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm
just hungry, thirsty, have to go potty, been out in the sun too long, or I
might just be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me well when I get old, remember that you will be old
someday too and need extra help and patience from those around you.

10. Please, please, please go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I
can't bear to watch", or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything I do is
easier for me with you by my side, I would never leave yours.

11. Remember forever that no matter what, I will always love you.....

12. I don't ask for much - just a little food, some fresh water, and some of
your attention.

13. Remember that you have work, entertainment, friends, and family. All I
have is you.

14. Please don't punish me for making a mistake in the house. You can open
the door to go outside, I can't.

15. I'm not perfect, sometimes I will make a mess, spill a drink, knock over
an item, or break something. When I do that, remember that you have
accidents like those too, and would not want to be punished harshly for an
accident you make.

16. Please take the time, and put in the effort to train me the best you
can. The better I am trained, the more places we can go TOGETHER.

17. Just like you, sometimes I am just plain crabby for no reason too.

18. Many times, all the jumping, and barking might mean I just need a breath
of fresh air, and to share a walk with you. Take me to the park sometimes,
you wouldn't like being locked in the house for a week either.

19. Give me a warm bed, and a place of my own to call "mine".

20. If the day is difficult, life has you down, or you have a bad day, don't
get angry with me for it...Come tell me, I promise I will listen, comfort
you, and do my best to make you feel better.

Old March 30th 04, 11:09 PM
april bowman

"Jake" wrote in message
[...]

I thought that was lovely, it really touched my heart and made me think of
Benson my lab when I read it. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Old March 30th 04, 11:09 PM
april bowman

"Jake" wrote in message
[...]

How much is that doggie in the window? (arf! arf!) Rich Dog behavior 0 February 10th 04 02:37 PM
doggie door blowin' in the wind Lyne Dog behavior 0 October 28th 03 02:23 AM
doggie door blowin' in the wind Lyne Dog behavior 0 October 28th 03 02:23 AM
The Ten Commandments vern Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 04:24 AM
The Ten Commandments vern Dog behavior 0 October 16th 03 04:24 AM