Identifying MacKenzie

Old March 20th 04, 03:24 PM
Leah

Default Identifying MacKenzie

Okay, guys, I'm sure now. Kenzie's rottie-like coloring is rottweiler, not
dobie or GSD or anything else. She's got the rottie walk, especially from the
rear. I haven't a clue what other breeds she has in her, but the first guess
of "rottie mix" seems to be correct. The walk is unmistakable.

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Last updated June 27 at 10:00 a.m.

Old March 22nd 04, 03:42 PM
Shannon

Ah, the eternal joy of guessing your mutt's heritage! ;-) It's one of the
most fun things about owning a mix. Well, Rotties are nice dogs, so if
she's a Rottie mix, that's just fine.

-Shannon

Old March 22nd 04, 08:35 PM
Shannon

I peeked before. ;-)

It really is hard to tell without seeing the dog move around and interact
with her surroundings, because as you said, certain breeds have a partcular
walk. Or sniff. Or carriage. Kenzie does look Rottish to me - I have seen
small petite females rotties that bring her to mind. Does she "rumble" when
she's happy?

There's a dog at our dog park that has me stumped, but she's beautiful.
There's certainly some sort of lab in there, as that is her basic shape. Her
fur is two toned - reddish-gold close to the skin, and black on top. At
first glance she appears to be a black dog, until the wind ruffles her fur,
and the gold peeks through. Such a lovely effect! Her ears are more dobie
like than lab, and her tail reminds me of a GSD, but the unique coloring
remains throughout. However, she plays like a herding breed - short chases,
heel nipping, some bitey-face and wrestling, but more fake-outs than other
breeds do. She would be a genuine Shrug. There are probably so many dogs
in there that there is not dominant breed. She is such a love, though!

Dogs are definitely fun.

-Shannon

"Leah" -OFF wrote in message
"Shannon" wrote:
Ah, the eternal joy of guessing your mutt's heritage! ;-) It's one of

the
most fun things about owning a mix.

The thing with Kenzie is that she's obviously got so many breeds mixed in

with
her, it's been really tough trying to figure out what she is. Usually I

can
determine one or two distinguishing breeds in a mix, but then there are

these
dogs I call Shrugs (stolen from another poster, Terri I think :}. Miss

Kenzie
is of the Shrug persuasion.

Take a look at her (sig file) and see what you think. Of course, you

can't see
her walk in the pictures.

I'm pretty sure Murphy is an aussie mix, and my guess is maybe English
shepherd. (Hey, it's as good a guess as any. :}

Actually, determining breed mixes has become one of my hobbies to the

point of
where the rescue group now asks me what I think when they bring a new dog

in.
Yesterday they had a dog they thought was sharpei/spaniel. I think
sharpei/akita. Yes, he is very strange-looking. :} Sharpei-shaped head,

ears
and size, akita coloring, tail, and fur. And they had a GSD mix pup who I
don't believe is a mix. Her ears tip a little when she's relaxed, but

other
than that she is GSD from head to toe.

Dogs are fun. :}

MacKenzie Leah Dog behavior 0 December 16th 03 04:47 PM
MacKenzie Leah Dog behavior 0 December 16th 03 04:47 PM
help identifying our mix? Arielle Dog rescue 0 November 3rd 03 05:29 PM