eating roots?

Old March 22nd 04, 05:11 AM
Jami

Default eating roots?

Both of my dogs have always liked to nibble on fresh green grass. I've read
all kinds of things on the internet and in books about why some dogs eat
grass. The answer that I finally decided that fit my two dogs was that they
simply like to eat grass. No other reason. Well, now that we've moved to
North Carolina where the grass isn't nearly as deeply rooted, they have
developed the habit of scratching at the ground and then eating whatever
roots they dig up. The youngest one I think was the one to start it and
then the older one picked up on it. I'm just a little stumped on this one.
I've never heard of dogs digging up roots to eat before. Now thanks to
their new little habit, my yard it beginning to look like a novice golfers
playground! I wish that were they case, at least then maybe I could replace
the divet. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Why they eat the roots, not
the divets!