Mojo and decision time(long)

Old March 22nd 04, 02:02 PM
Dimpled Chad

Default Mojo and decision time(long)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:37:10 GMT, dogsnus opined:

We're trying to decide what we're going to do.

Aww, crap.
I'm so sorry, Terri. Give Mojo some luvin for us, okay.
Its so hard to decide these things. My best wishes for peace and comfort, for
both of you, whatever path you decide is best.

Chad

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Votes for Nader gave Bush the election in '00. Don't let it happen again.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Old March 22nd 04, 02:06 PM
J1Boss

Gosh Terri, I feel for you. This is never easy, and you're right - nobody can
make this decision but you. Actually, not true - the dogs make decisions all
of the time.

I have gotten to a point in life with pets where I really question the knife a
lot more than I used to. 4 years ago this Wednesday, I said goodbye to my best
canine friend I can imagine ever having. I did so after opting not to put him
under the knife for an unknown mass that was very centralized and would have
caused him a great deal of pain, long recovery, and possibly instant death. It
was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made, but I know it was the right
one. The first meal after his diagnosis was the first one he ever refused to
eat, and he continued to refuse. What a dog - he came through for me even as
far as making my decision for me.

Thinkin of you and Mojo whatever your decision. One thing I do know - spend as
many special hours with him as possible regardless of your decision - it's
something we never regret.

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old March 22nd 04, 02:52 PM
Gwen Watson

dogsnus wrote:

I found another lump.This one not only feels just like the first
cancer, it's in almost the identical place on his upper hip.

The last option is to do nothing unless the tumor causes problems when it
returns and then to consider euthanasia at that point. This can be a
reasonable option in some patients, especially those with additional health
problems in which the tumor is just one concern among many.

I hope that this helps some in your decision making.

end quote

Terri

Awe Terri I am so sorry to read this about Mojo. This in no easy decision
you are going through. And you are correct know one can decide for you.

I will say I met an Anatolan who had his leg amputated from cancer
back in Novemeber. He was getting around very well but his owner
did tell me he had gone through some bad depression. Though she
had only owned him for about 8 months. She had obtained him
via rescue. So that may have played a part in his depression.

Please give Mojo hugs. I am sending extra special good vibes your
way.

Gwen

Old March 22nd 04, 05:38 PM
Cate

dogsnus wrote in
:

I found another lump.This one not only feels just like the first
cancer, it's in almost the identical place on his upper hip.

Crap, Terri. I'm sorry to hear it.

This will make 3 surgeries in under a year, if I decide to have
this one removed too.
Do we keep hacking this poor dog up 3-4 times a year, or do we just
let him go naturally, which will happen in due course if left
untreated anyway?

It sounds like you're on your way toward a decision already.

Cate