In tribute to Lacey, November 5th 1995 - March 16th 2004 (rescue bulldog)

Old March 24th 04, 05:55 PM
Jim Wightman

Default In tribute to Lacey, November 5th 1995 - March 16th 2004 (rescue bulldog)

Subject: In tribute to Lacey, November 5th 1995 - March 16th 2004 (rescue
bulldog)
Newsgroups: tera:rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Hi

This is really painful right now, I just want to say a public thank you to
little Lacey who came into our lives two years ago after being really badly
mistreated, she still had lots of love to give and had lots back.

She got ill suddenly yesterday afternoon, she didn't quite make it to the
vets.

She can go chase the ducks, the cats and the rats now that left us before
she did. She'll enjoy that.

We'll never forget you little girl, love from your Mom and Dad, Zakk and
your doggy friends. Rest in peace x

I wrote a poem:

"a kiss upon her head did I lay
and gently positioned her heaving torso upon her blanket
she was going, who imagined where, not to the vets as I had hoped
but with her mother whispering kind words into her unhearing ears
her nose wiped clean and dry,
i sent her off to die less than a mile away."