My Golden has Chicken Pox?

Old August 8th 03, 01:33 AM
Dave Norton

Default My Golden has Chicken Pox?

My 16 month old Golden Retriever appears to have developed Chicken Pox, is
there such a thing for dogs? She seems to have little "scabs", similar to
chicken pox all over her body. I thought I'd found a HUGE infestation of
ticks, but this isn't ticks. It's everywhere on her body, very obvious on
her underside, but it you part the hair other places it's there.

She was just at the vet....2 weeks ago for a round of shots, rabies, parvo,
?. We left her at a kennel for 1 night, for a weekend away ~ 24 hours
later. Then this last week she had an encounter with a skunk.

Could she have a reaction to any of the vacinations?
Could she have picked up something in the kennel?
Could she have a reaction to the skunk shampoo?
Could it be something else?