old bitch not obeying...

Old March 26th 04, 12:48 AM
Rosa Palmén

Default old bitch not obeying...

Yala (almost 11, Tervuren) didn't come when I called her today!
I was totally stunned, I think it is about 10 years since this happened
before, and not many times even then.
I was at my inlaws keeping 4 dogs company (Yala, Hobbe, one "borrowed" dog,
and Hobbes mom). Apparently Yala had gone outside to play with Hobbe (not
typical for her), and didn't want to come back inside. Hobbe came after I
called a couple of times, but Yala just came within sight and looked at me
wagging her tail a bit! I went after her, thinking something must be wrong -
and when I got close she started to playbow at me, cheeky little thing...

I was so totally surprised by her behaviour that I didn't even think of
reprimanding her.

Is my old girl going ga-ga? Or is it lack of exersice paired with
painkillers that raise her energy levels and make her more playful? Because
of some limping (first her, then mine, I've sprained an foot) she hasn't
gotten much exersice for almost 2 weeks.

Rosa