Packed up & ready to GO!

Old April 18th 04, 03:24 PM
Tee

Good luck and try not to park anywhere that requires you to back in I
certainly wouldn't want to navigate a 27' trailer without someone helping
me.

--
Tara

Old April 18th 04, 03:27 PM
Shelly & The Boys

Default Packed up & ready to GO!

Well, today is the day.

Bodhi & I head off for our week-long adventure!
The Belgian Sheepdog National Specialty is about
4 hours from us now, and we're driving up w/ the travel
trailer and staying the week. This will be my very first
National experience, so I am SO very excited!

Monday is tracking, although I didn't get nearly enough
practice time in for certification. Besides, I'm spending
the day at the herding site, tying up tarps & helping to
get the courses ready. A friend & her 10 mos. old pup
will be trying for their TD. They squeaked in their certification
three days prior to the closing of the entries, so I HOPE they
do well. This is the pup I have handled in conformation occasionally
for her, and I adore him to pieces. She's also running a TDX track
w/ her older boy as well.

Tuesday is herding. We'll be making an attempt at getting Bodhi's PT
(Pre-trial Test). I feel good about it, and he's a calm, steady little
herder, so I think we should pass w/ no problems. We've actually worked
the trial level sheep at the herding site a couple of times, and they were
WONDERFUL. I can only hope the test level sheep are half as nice.
Both of our runs are smack-dab in the middle of all of the other runs, so
I just hope for no major catastrophies. As it is, I have at least
seen over half of the entries run before, so I think things should go fairly
smoothly.

Wednesday & Thursday is obedience in the a.m., agility in the afternoons.
I'm entered in Novice A w/ Bodhi. I'm hoping for passing, but we're
there for fun. I know our strengths & weaknesses, so it's just "Let's just
see what happens" right now! :-) I'm course setting & scribing for
agility, so they will be busy days!
Thursday evening starts the conformation Sweepstakes, finishing up
on Friday. Bodhi's breeder is bringing Bodhi's sire to finish his CDX
and to show him in Veterans (he just turned 7 this year). I'm very excited
to meet them both, in person, for the first time. I actually enlisted the
help of a friend to give me grooming tips so that Bodhi could look like
a well-groomed BSD, rather than the "country cousin" wavy-coated dog
that usually resides here. grin It's all in the matter of getting the
coat
dried all the way down to the skin, that prevents the hair from going all
wavy. And, yes, it actually DOES work! I wanted him to look nice for
his breeder. :-)

Friday is when Bodhi & I will try to pass the BSCA's "Future Messenger Dog"
test. Messenger dog trials are popular over in parts of Europe, and it
really
has a history with Belgians of all flavors. The BSCA is hoping to
eventually make this a club titling event, last year was the first year they
did it and it went over very well with a lot of dogs attempting (and
passing!). It starts w/ a heel pattern, a moving
down, an "honor dog" stay, selecting an article out of a box w/ other items,
and a 50' "message run" between two people and back.
Friday and Saturday also finish up the rest of the conformation classes,
and the banquet Saturday night.
Back home again next Sunday!

It's my first solo trip hauling a 27' trailer, so if anything else, just
wish us
safe travels! :-)
Shelly & The Boys:
Coda (Who gets to go camping w/ Dad later this week!)
Bodhi (Yay! What fun I'm going to have!)
--
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/deerranch.html

Old April 23rd 04, 02:19 PM
Gwen Watson

Shelly & The Boys wrote:

It's my first solo trip hauling a 27' trailer, so if anything else, just
wish us
safe travels! :-)
Shelly & The Boys:
Coda (Who gets to go camping w/ Dad later this week!)
Bodhi (Yay! What fun I'm going to have!)

What an exciting week of adventure this sounds like! Have FUN,
I know you will. And have a safe trip there and back.

Gwen