Lure coursing for non-sighthounds

Old April 24th 04, 04:10 PM
Debbie the Overdogged

Default Lure coursing for non-sighthounds

Angel, my Chinese Crested, may not be an official sighthound but she
sure acts like one when she sees a small furry critter, and boy, is she
fast! I think she'd be great at lure coursing, but all the
organizations I could find on the web seem to be open to only official
sighthounds, and the couple I emailed to ask never responded. Does
anyone know of any that would allow her to participate (she's about the
size of an Italian Greyhound), especially in the Seattle area?
--
Debbie the Overdogged das at spamcop dot net
"Lying is such a harsh word . . . I prefer to say
Old April 24th 04, 07:50 PM
Frank Morris

Howdy Debbie,
I don't know of anything official but there have been times when a
club has let non-sighthounds run for practice. Did you contact ASFA or
ASA to see if there are any clubs in your area that hold lure course
events?=BF The other thing you or the club you belong to can do is buy a
lure machine and hold your own event. Good luck in your search. Ask if
you need more info or help.

Frank X. Morris
http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/SalukiCornerChime

Old April 25th 04, 12:49 AM
dianne marie schoenberg

Debbie the Overdogged wrote:
Does anyone know of any that would allow her to participate (she's
about the size of an Italian Greyhound), especially in the Seattle
area?

Evergreen Basenji Club has all-breed coursing practice on Wednesday
evenings at Fort Dent park in Tukwila starting in May. (At least
they did a couple of years ago; Andrea Stone--who originally gave
me the info--may have more up-to-date information.)

And the Northwest Sporting Greyhound Association has practices
irregularly in the Monroe area; the schedule is on their web site
at http://www.nwsga.com/

I found both organizations to be welcoming towards "other breeds"
participating. The Basenji club's practices in particular seemed
to draw a variety of dogs.

Patience Briard and I both miss coursing very much. It's a blast!

Dianne

Old April 25th 04, 02:28 AM
Jo Wolf

The Border Terrier Club of America has terrier lure coursing at some of
it's fun events... whether or not the event offers terrier racing. The
same gear is used for both. The dogs love it and are quite good.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia