Training Question (Golden Retriever)

Old April 18th 04, 10:20 PM
vboy

Default Training Question (Golden Retriever)

11 week old Golden with a great energy to learn. She knows how to Sit, lay
Down, Drop, give Paw, Speak, Wait, lay on Side and roll over.

I am now looking to have her do more complicated tricks that require more
than one task. (like pick up ball and drop in my hand). I have her chase the
ball and come back to me which is already easy for her to do - now I would
like her to drop it in my hand, but as soon as she know there are treats
involved she retrieves the ball and drops it long before coming back to
me(to get the treat). I realized that I needed to shorten the trick into
smaller ones - pickup ball then drop in my hand. But that's 2 commands. Do I
need to have her learn the separate commands (and name each of them) then
combined them? What about tricks that require 3, 4 or 5 commands?

Thanks for any help.