No fences make good neighbors

Old April 21st 04, 02:23 PM
Chris

Default No fences make good neighbors

Several asked to know the outcome for Scraps/Miles whom I posted about
a month ago. He was rejected by the intake person on duty at our shelter
because he was not from the city where we're located. He was taken to a
county shelter and slated to die; another volunteer camped out there
until she could claim him and smuggle him in. He's a wonderful guy, and
in the last month his coat started growing in -- sorry there's no recent
pictu
http://www.sbacc.org/dogsadopted/apr/milesfull.jpg
Monday a man came in and fell for Miles. His best friend, who has a
chow mix, lives next door, and he called them to come down and get
acquainted. It went beautifully, and Miles went home.
Yesterday, his new owner called to report everything was great, but
was hard to hear over the sound of banging. "Oh, that? We're taking
down the fence between our yards, so the dogs can get up to speed when
they're playing."