Licking

Old May 6th 04, 06:51 AM
riss

Default Licking

I have a nine year old male Red Merel Australian Shepherd and for a few
years now he has been licking his skin raw, and it is to the point where
he has no skin on his for legs, and missing patches in his fur and around
his butt. He was on a steroid to help the licking, but that made him a
garbage can, when we wold go on a walk he wold eat everything and
anything, dead or alive. He was also constantly trying to eat out of the
garbages in the house. It would make him really sick, but he would do it
agian and agian.

Here is some history on Sydney

About seven years ago, he suddenly became ill, and was taken to the
hospital, where it was thought that his stomach had flipped, but really it
was just gas, then five years ago, he tried jumping over a baby gate, and
tore some of the legiments in his hind knee, that knee still hadn't healed
completely. then this hir thing started, we have tried him on alergy
foods, taken him for test, (they did an ultrasound on his belly a year and
a half ago, and the hair still hasn't growen back)and the doctors don't
know what to do. Even while on medication he licks. He was in a cone for
a bit because they took skin samples, and he still founf a way to lick his
hind end. If anyone has any ideas as to how to help, oh ya, this dog is
also fond of cyanne pepper, and sour apple, we've tried lots of that stuff
even vanilla, but none of it works, if there are any suggestions please
let me know, I don't want my dog licking himself to nothing!

-Riss

shih tzu licking and chewing pgatoo Dog health 2 August 17th 04 05:09 PM
Licking, why? David H Dog behavior 8 November 12th 03 05:06 AM
Licking, why? David H Dog behavior 0 November 11th 03 08:26 AM
Bulldog licking RLO2 Dog health 4 November 9th 03 07:01 AM
Muzzle Licking bb3 Dog behavior 24 October 19th 03 06:55 PM