This, you have to see

Old May 7th 04, 08:12 PM
Suja

Default This, you have to see

Probably belongs in .rescue, but look at Molly! I thought I have seen
some fat dogs, but absolutely nothing like this. Talk about land
Manatee, she certainly made a good candidate. Who would've thunk it,
overfeeding is as abusive as underfeeding.

http://www.daneangelnetwork.org/Dogs%203/molly.htm

Suja

Old May 7th 04, 08:47 PM
Chris

Thanks for posting that great story, Suja.
People who foster are my heroes; I couldn't let the dogs go. After all
the love and effort they've put into Molly, how can they trust anyone to
adopt her? Gotta be done, though.

Old May 7th 04, 09:02 PM
J1Boss

look at Molly!

Holy moley! She didn't even look like a Dane in those early pictures!

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old May 7th 04, 09:48 PM
Suja

Chris wrote:

Thanks for posting that great story, Suja.

This is the other end of the spectrum from what is normally seen.
Finally saw the 50 lbs. Dane from the Maxton raid (should be at 150 lbs.
according to the rescue) at
http://www.mid-atlanticdanerescue.com/Willow.html I hope her story has
a happy ending too. The funds raised from the products here
http://www.cafeshops.com/eyotak9graphics/293443 will be donated towards
her care.

People who foster are my heroes; I couldn't let the dogs go. After all
the love and effort they've put into Molly, how can they trust anyone to
adopt her? Gotta be done, though.

I've talked to several of my foster friends about just that. The
general concensus is that most of the dogs are not difficult to give up,
because they are not a very good fit, and they know that there are much
better homes out there for them. The other ones are much harder. They
just keep in mind that every one they adopt reduces the number of slots
in foster by one.

Suja