Swiffer Wetjet Rumor is False

Old May 8th 04, 06:54 AM
Jo Wolf

Default Swiffer Wetjet Rumor is False

DUH.... The ASPCA hosts the animal poison control center web site on
their web site.....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old May 11th 04, 03:10 AM
Dahlia

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Howdy" wrote in message
om...
Dr. Lee -

I confirmed with the ASPCA and they have a statement on their site.
THe rumor is false. I trust the ASPCA when it comes to my pets.

The Swifter Wetjet solution contains propylene glycol (PG). PG causes

Heinz
bodies in cats. Heinz bodies result in red blood cell destruction and
hemolytic anemia in cats.

Cats have oxidant-sensitive hemoglobin. Their hemoglobin is highly

unstable
and subject to oxidation by chemicals that aren't deleterious to other
species' RBCs.

See: Am J Vet Res (American Journal of Veterinary Research) 1992
Jan;53(1):69-72. "Hematologic alterations in adult cats fed 6 or 12%
propylene glycol" more information.

Phil

A significant amount would need to be ingested over a period of time in
order for Heinz body anemia to develop.
If used in the course of normal cleaning with the wet jet this would never
happen.
I have used Swiifer wet jet since it came out, it dries very fast. Almost
instantly.

Old May 11th 04, 03:06 PM
KWBrown

"Dahlia" wrote in
:

I have used Swiifer wet jet since it came out, it dries very fast.
Almost instantly.

CBC Radio ran a hysterical item a few months ago, comparing cleaning
efficiency and cost-per-use of Swiffer Wet Jets, a few competing products,
and - a damp paper towel.

The damp paper towel came out hands down the winner on all points.

I do like the dry Swiffers for getting bits of dog hair and dust bunnies
off hard floors.

--
Kate
and Storm, the F(uzzy)CR

Swiffer WetJet J1Boss Dog behavior 8 May 7th 04 02:30 AM
Urgent! False pregnancy behavior or sickness? Spork Dog health 3 March 21st 04 06:02 PM