Chihuahua question

Old July 11th 03, 07:08 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Default Chihuahua question

"culprit" wrote in
:

i don't think cat food is bad for dogs, just a little fattening. dog
food, however, is missing essential amino acids that cats need, so
cats shouldn't be fed a diet of dog food alone. or at least that's
how i remember it.

Yup. Cats are complete Carnivores. They must get all they need from meat,
as, IIRC, they can't properly digest plant matter. Dogs, OTOH, while they
are also classified as carnivores, are closer to omnivores. They can digest
plant matter.

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'Dain Bramaged.'

Old July 15th 03, 02:00 AM
seagull

I have a chihuaha/terrier X, as well as another dog and cat.
I adopted the chi Danny 2 months ago. He was very interested in the cat,
would run up and just want to play, but Rudi often ran away - which became
sport then. And then my other dog joined in. So Danny has had to learn that
chasing puss is not sport,(and my other dog again) though I do wish Rudi
would give him a swipe or two, but he won't.

You'll probably need to feed the dog and the cats in separate rooms, or
partitioned off. It doesn't harm the dog to eat a small amount of cat food,
but not regularly as it is fattening for them. Also, from my experience
grin it's better to have peaceful feed times.

"Just another Haligonian" wrote in message
I've been considering for quite a while getting a small dog. I have

always
like chihuahuas. My question is......I have 5 housecats. Do they tend to
get along with cats? Also, how would you handle the feeding situation.
I've never had a dog, but understand it's not a good idea for them to eat
each other's food.

Also, I'm in Eastern Canada and can't seem to see any breeders located in
listings I've found.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Question on breed Marcel Beaudoin Dog breeds 30 July 11th 03 03:01 PM
AKC Chihuahua Puppies For Sale shelly Dog breeds 1 July 11th 03 01:02 AM
Dew Claw Question Suja Dog breeds 9 July 8th 03 06:51 PM
Question about ears [email protected] Dog breeds 0 July 6th 03 05:12 PM