Dog: Small Sore On Head

Old October 6th 03, 02:30 PM

Default Dog: Small Sore On Head

One of my dogs has a small sore on her head. It's round, less than an
inch in diameter, & is located sorta above & behind her right eye.

Four or five days ago, I put aloe vera gel on it, cause I thought it was
an injury.

Since then, it has been puffing out.

It feels hard & dry, & does not look infected or anything.

I'll try to get her to the vet today, to see what's wrong, if I can
physically do so.

Any ideas about what's wrong?

I have a feeling that there might be fluid, under the hard dry
rough-feeling layer, & that it's swelling up in order to burst & run at
some point. [I've never seen anything like this before.]

???

Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

Old October 7th 03, 03:50 AM
Jo Wolf

Definitely a matter for your vet. I suspect a small injury that sealed
closed too fast and is holding in an infection. These things happen...
to humans as well as animals..

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old October 7th 03, 04:59 PM
M. MacDonald

My dog had some black lump that began growing near his eye. It got about
the size of a dime and stuck out far enough that it was descernible through
the hair ( maybe 3/8" or so). Vet excised it to the tune of $200 and put in
a couple of staples.
A week later the two staples came out. I thought all would be well but it
came back and now, two years later, it is larger than before. Vet says it
will come back again if it is excised again so not to worry about it nor
psend any more money cutting them out. Doesn't appear to bother the dog,
but it bothers me.
Now he has warts and sundry skin tags as well. Vet says it is the breed,
skin, and age (9 years) causing it all. I am applying Compound-W hoping to
alleviate some of the bumps.

Mack