I'm confused (again)

Old April 29th 04, 11:04 PM
Marie

Default I'm confused (again)

So we went to the doctor's today for a well-baby check-up. Chris now weighs
18.5# and Alex is 17.5#. They are both approximately 73cm long, although
they wiggled so much we could be wrong.

Then I asked the doctor about hand-sanitizers--you know, the alcohol based
stuff that you can use when you can't wash your hands--I was wondering if it
was ok to use it on the rugrats: now that they are crawling, I'm (mildly)
more concerned about the germs getting into their mouths than I have been
previously. She said that I could use the sanitizer--it won't hurt them if
they put their hands in their mouths--but there were certain places I simply
shouldn't let the boys be on the ground. It turns out that her main concern
isn't bowling alleys or bus yard offices, it is lawns and parks grass. She
says that, even if we pick up after the dog (which we do) there are still
oodles of really nasty parasites the boys could pick up from grass where
dogs and other critters have gone.

So does this mean that, until they stop putting things in their mouths, I'm
never supposed to let them touch grass? What about sand at public beaches?

Can any parents/dog owners shed some light on this confusing advice?

Marie

I'm confused (again) Marie Dog behavior 48 May 1st 04 06:42 PM
I'm confused (again) Marie Dog behavior 0 April 29th 04 11:04 PM
Are you confused? Chris Dog behavior 0 December 5th 03 01:53 AM
Are you confused? Chris Dog behavior 0 December 5th 03 01:53 AM
Are you confused? Chris Dog behavior 0 December 5th 03 01:53 AM