They don't work, do they?

Old May 15th 04, 08:28 PM
Chris

Default They don't work, do they?

Our shelter is having a tag sale (I did more buying than selling), and
I picked up a 'Pet Peeve' from Sharper Image, an ultrasonic bark
deterrerer..er. Got it because you can also record your voice ("Tha-ank
you, Pip"). Don't know who donated it, but they probably did so because
they don't work, don't you think?
Anybody tried one?
The first generation of our shelter's volunteers are dying off and
leaving large bequests. We don't need to do fund raising events any
more, but do them for PR and to show our animals. Mac and Pip were in a
run while I worked, and people were lining up to apply for "the little
white puppy". Pip's some puppy. 15 years old.

Old May 16th 04, 06:38 PM
Chris

Do you find that people are disappointed
when they can't adopt him? I have found
that some of the people that have come
to my home to visit a potential
companion only to see my own dogs
and then act sort of disappointed (a
couple, who've asked more than once to
adopt one of my dogs). I would imagine
that it would be the same with a very
cute small dog like Pip =/
Robin

Robin, we were saved by a coincidence. In the middle of yard-sale
madness (made $2800, btw someone brought in two strays they'd found,
a GSD and ...
http://www.sbacc.org/DOGS%20Current/jefffull.jpg
The poor Adoption Committee: they must have taken a dozen applications
for him and will get a lot more before he's available. Hope to find the
owner, though. The two dogs are obviously bonded.
What you point out happens a lot, though. I wonder if people sense
the bond between you and your dogs and think, "That's what I want."

Old May 18th 04, 08:53 PM
Manadero

From: (Chris)
Date: 5/16/2004 1:38 PM Eastern Standard Time

Robin, we were saved by a coincidence. In the middle of yard-sale
madness (made $2800, btw

WOW, congrats! Lucky pups!

someone brought in two strays they'd found,
a GSD and ...
http://www.sbacc.org/DOGS%20Current/jefffull.jpg

That is one CUTE dog!

Hope to find the
owner, though. The two dogs are obviously bonded.

I hope so too.. how sad they are lost

What you point out happens a lot, though. I wonder if people sense
the bond between you and your dogs and think, "That's what I want."

Yes, I think that has a lot to do with it. I used to take my dogs to rescue
events, but now they stay home.. and if someone comes here, I usually crate
them away from the "meeting" area so that the adopter can focus on the dog they
are there for

Robin
Old May 18th 04, 08:53 PM
Manadero

Old May 18th 04, 08:53 PM
Manadero

Best Home Base Work Reynard Dog breeds 0 November 10th 04 01:53 AM
Arthritis in my lab Bob Dog health 8 March 5th 04 04:38 AM
OT - do paint roller edgers work? Shelley Dog behavior 0 January 28th 04 03:43 PM
Dental work prices for rescue dog? crosem Dog health 3 August 24th 03 02:38 AM
Bare Floor Solutions at Work Leah Dog behavior 2 July 23rd 03 09:15 AM