Patterdale Terriers and puppies

Old May 21st 04, 11:39 PM
Number 9

Default Patterdale Terriers and puppies

These are some really nice dogs, does anyone else or hunt and own some?
I've included pictures on my site as well. Look forward to sharing.
http://www.activestarkennels.com

Have a good one!

Old May 22nd 04, 12:10 AM
culprit

"Number 9" wrote in message
ink.net...
These are some really nice dogs, does anyone else or hunt and own some?
I've included pictures on my site as well. Look forward to sharing.
http://www.activestarkennels.com

i'm very intrigued by Patterdale Terriers. i think they're beautiful, and i
love to see them working as they were bred to do. unfortunately, i've also
seen a few around town as pets, bought by people who think they're cute
little "mini pit bulls", and don't realize how much work a high drive
terrier needs!

i own two pit bulls, and i think a Patterdale would be too much dog for me
to handle. :-)

i'm glad to see you're not just breeding, but hunting your dogs as well.
i'd love to see more information about the breed's working ability, and what
you look for in a good working terrier on your website. that way people who
are unfamiliar with the breed can see just what kind of dogs Patterdales
really are!

for example, in the UKC breed standard, "honorable" scars, gained while
hunting, are not to be held against the dog. it's important that people
see that these aren't just a cute little dog, they're also tough and game
hunters!

-kelly

Old May 22nd 04, 12:49 AM
Number 9

Yes, these are great dogs, some people do make housepets of them, which is
good, but not to hunt the dogs is not good. It is what we breed for. It
is a "laid back" terrier at home, and good with children that won't torment
the dog. But it is truly a terror in the field. Believe me, you will be
looking for your dog, before he looks for you after he/she is hooked, as
hunting is what they love. It's like watching Dr. Jekyll turn into Mr.
Hyde, as soon as they get on the truck. It's a lot of fun. We work our
terriers almost everyday, both prey and simple obedience. A hunting game
dog or this caliber, need not be a robot to humans, as their independent
nature is desired in the field.

Thanks again!

"culprit" wrote in message

ink.net...

Old May 22nd 04, 10:03 AM
Angie

Number 9 wrote:
These are some really nice dogs, does anyone else or hunt and own
some? I've included pictures on my site as well. Look forward to
sharing. http://www.activestarkennels.com

I've got a 13wk old Patterdale mix and she's converted me to terriers :0)
Nice site, your dogs are beautiful, Milo especially! Be sure and let us
know when the pups arrive, I'd love to see the pics. It'd be great to see
some more pics of them working too...