PING Melinda

Old May 24th 04, 06:59 PM
Judy

Default PING Melinda

Wondering how you survived Saturday night's storms. The radar showed some
pretty wild looking storms - along with potential tornadoes - headed for
Enfield.

We had considered doing some camping that night in Erin - so glad we didn't.

~~Judy

Old May 24th 04, 07:07 PM

on 2004-05-24 at 17:59 wrote:

Wondering how you survived Saturday night's storms. The
radar showed some pretty wild looking storms - along with
potential tornadoes - headed for Enfield.

well, her garden shed is still there!

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old May 24th 04, 07:50 PM

Judy wrote:
It was really, really colorful on the radar. Not what you like to see
headed for you. I think they decided that it never did spawn any tornados
but I've known straight line winds that were just as impressive as some
tornados.

Apparently there was a tornado in Newfield Saturday night.
There were sirens nearby towards the end of last night's
storm, and I'm hoping that nobody was hit. It may have been
completely unrelated but we just don't get sirens in the
early morning around here.

Glad to hear there was no damage. (And I'm really glad that we weren't
camping up on that hill in Erin!)

Boy, I'll say. It rained so much so fast that there's been
some flooding, and the wind was pretty strong. Are you tent
campers? I was wondering if you all got hit down your way,
although it looked like most of the worst of the weather was
stayed to the north of us (modulo that tornado in
Newfield). Crazy weather - too hot, too wet, and I don't
enjoy mowing. Emmett is already refusing to walk once we
get outside because of the heat.

Of the $65 million given out for Bush's "faith-based" charities,
not one penny has gone directly to Jewish or Muslim groups

Old May 24th 04, 08:53 PM

on 2004-05-24 at 14:50 wrote:

Crazy weather - too hot, too wet, and I don't enjoy mowing.

hear! hear! i spent all day Friday mowing. it was so hot
and humid that i could only mow for 15-20 minutes, then i'd
have to go in and cool off. talk about exhausting.

Emmett is already refusing to walk once we get outside
because of the heat.

smart boy. elliott starts panting as soon as he sets foot
outside the door. he makes a bee-line for the shady weeds and
parks himself in them until i call him back in. he's not
thrilled about the prospect of walking in the heat, and i
haven't forced the issue. we do short trips to the mailbox in
the evenings, *if* it's cooled down a bit. other than that,
i'm letting him be a lazy old man.

i installed uberAC last weekend. my house is now an icebox.
elliott and i are relieved, but harriet is not amused. she
spent most of the weekend lying on the deck, tanning her belly
and baking her brane. i expect that will be her favorite spot
until sometime in September.