progress

Old May 24th 04, 07:04 PM
J1Boss

Default progress

Well, Franklin is finally making progress on the dogwalk. He truly thinks it
is evil, and hands on just make him more suspicious of the whole thing. So we
used a leash loop behind his rear legs today (he tends to stand wide when
frightened). We did it over and over and over and over. And he started doing
it without that loop needing to be held! And he did the teeter without
stepping off or freaking out! HOORAY! The jumps he thinks are to be taken
in as few strides as possible, which means TWO jumps if they are relatively
close together. Mr Shortcut.

I admit that we haven't been working outdoors for the last week and half. I
can't be outside for even a minute. It gets worse everyday. I think we have a
sign - "Cicada International Airport/Spa/Nightclub". Only 4-5 more weeks to
go..........

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old May 24th 04, 07:27 PM
Judy

"J1Boss" wrote in message
Well, Franklin is finally making progress on the dogwalk.

snip

We did it over and over and over and over. And he started doing
it without that loop needing to be held! And he did the teeter without
stepping off or freaking out!

YAY Franklin!

It's funny what bothers and what doesn't. And how once they've mastered it,
you wonder what truly made it "click" for them - just in case you ever need
that knowledge again. Usually, once they get over the fear, it's like it
never existed.

Just wait until he decides it's FUN! Spenser regularly takes a loop through
the yard just so he can ride the teeter on his way back to the house. And
yesterday, Sassy (who was ignoring the person saying "Come") decided that if
she took a path that brought her up over the dog walk on her way to
*eventually* "Come" that the humans would be forced to say "Good dog" when
she got there.

~~Judy