Poodle Pup Whininig

Old May 25th 04, 07:15 AM
Guy Smith

Default Poodle Pup Whininig

I have a 5 month old miniature poodle and he has two or three pigs ears a
week. Just recently he has started parading a newly presented ear around and
sitting in front of me whilst whining incessantly. Last night he slept with
it in his mouth! What does he want? Why is he doing it? Any ideas please?

Old May 25th 04, 01:33 PM
Judy

"Guy Smith" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 5 month old miniature poodle and he has two or three pigs ears a
week. Just recently he has started parading a newly presented ear around

and
sitting in front of me whilst whining incessantly. Last night he slept

with
it in his mouth! What does he want? Why is he doing it? Any ideas please?

When our dogs bring a toy up to us and whine it's to get us to play. They
usually want us to chase them to pretend to take their Prize away.

It's a great game - as long as the dog understands that it's a game and that
you get to decide when it's played. You want to maintain enough control
that when the dog has a Prize that you need to take away that you can still
do that. My dogs have always understood that but I know some dogs don't get
it.

And if he's taken to sleeping with it, it's definitely a Prize Toy.

~~Judy