Wildfoul

Old May 25th 04, 07:11 PM
Chris

Default Wildfoul

http://www.thisislondon.com/til/jsp/...temId=10958632
Mac was pecked by a belligerant goose when he was a pup and remains
leery of them. He protects li'l Pip at other times, but around geese,
Pip struts between Mac and the birds, growling at them, "Don't mess with
my brother, or you'll have to deal with me!"
Pip grabbed the leg of the goose who got Mac, and I had a nightmare
vision of it taking off and flying south with Pip still attached.

Old May 26th 04, 12:08 AM
Spot

This doesn't surprise me.......LOL There is a farm down the RR tracks from
my moms house who keeps two huge geese just for the purpose of driving off
strangers, cats, dogs and anything else tha wanders onto the property. He's
great at keeping the Hobos away from the property.

The next best thing to a dog for watching a place is a goose or swan with an
attitude and they make one hell of a racket when riled up.

Celeste

Old May 26th 04, 12:47 AM
Chris

The next best thing to a dog for watching
a place is a goose or swan with an
attitude and they make one hell of a
racket when riled up.
Celeste

Don't they use them as ,,, watchbirds at Scotch whiskey distilleries?
And, I recall some people who got geese to keep people away from the
corral of a newly-adopted wild horse. Their GSDs hadn't worked out
because, when the horse got riled up, the dogs got too hyper.

Old May 26th 04, 05:16 AM
flick

"Chris" wrote in message
The next best thing to a dog for watching
a place is a goose or swan with an
attitude and they make one hell of a
racket when riled up.
Celeste

Don't they use them as ,,, watchbirds at Scotch whiskey

distilleries?
And, I recall some people who got geese to keep people away

from the
corral of a newly-adopted wild horse. Their GSDs hadn't

worked out
because, when the horse got riled up, the dogs got too hyper.

Swans are bigger than geese - they can actually kill people and
dogs, and have done so on occasion.

Geese are great; I've got 5. Entertaining, lay huge yummy eggs,
keep the grass clipped. If strangers get past the dogs, I feel
sorry for 'em. I got pinched by a gander when they'd first
started nesting. Darn thing clamped onto my thigh like a pair of
pliers, left one hell of a bruise.

flick 100785

---