The fat lady has sung

Old May 26th 04, 03:55 AM
Rocky

Default The fat lady has sung

Rocky (VAADC TT) has retired after a very short agility career
of four and a half years, which also included a one year hiatus.

This past weekend has forced me to look bluntly at a well-
trained, willing, talented, and friendly dog. The spirit is
there, but the body ain't.

These pictures are of Rocky pre-epilepsy, when he was one of the
top agility dogs in this area:
http://www.rocky-dog.com/Agility/Agility.html

Rocky has been stumbling recently, though sporadically, so I
asked the Masters judge (a friend) to watch him. It's difficult
to watch a dog's gait while handling, at least it is for me.
All of my friends have convinced me that it's over.

So, barring a dramatic breakthrough in physiotherapy, this dog
is done.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old May 26th 04, 04:03 AM
C A Brown

Matt: Having listened to you talk about him for a couple of years, I know he
still has plenty of good, positive time left. That's hardly "done". Tough
decision but you're probably making the right one.
Rocky the wonderdog can now be just a gentlemanly, retired dog.
CarolAnn

Old May 26th 04, 04:46 AM
KWBrown

Rocky wrote in
:

Rocky (VAADC TT) has retired after a very short agility career
of four and a half years, which also included a one year hiatus.

Jeez, Matt, I'm sorry.

I'm glad Rocky had a crack at a comeback, though. Good for you for making
the right call for the dog, even if it wasn't the happiest call for you.

--
Kate
and Storm, who saw your darling nieces this weekend and thinks they're fun.

Puppies... :-( Katra Dog behavior 135 October 3rd 03 02:54 PM
Puppies... :-( Katra Dog behavior 0 September 26th 03 08:42 AM