Agility judges

Old May 30th 04, 04:15 AM
Debbie S

Default Agility judges

I've had a very short list of judges I won't enter under for the past
few years. Only two, actually. One I won't enter a novice dog under,
the other I won't enter under unless it's a _great trial in all other
aspects.

I've just added another judge. She's going to be deprived of seeing my
beautiful GSD run, because it will be a cold day in hell before I'd
enter Kira under her. And I hope she enjoys judging Winston tomorrow,
because it's the last time he'll run in her ring.

We're in the middle of a four day trial; Winston {AST} and Rush {BT} are
entered three days each. Winston did well yesterday in ExB Standard,
got a Q and fourth in the 20" class amongst 26 dogs. I screwed up his
jumpers run. { I must say that one sequence was _very tight for a large,
non-BC dog} Today, the EX ST course was just ugly. In hindsight, I
should have pulled him. No 8" qualifiers, 7 12" qualifiers, no 16"
qualifiers, 2 20" qualifiers {both moderate speed dogs that run
collected} 1 24" qualifier. If I wasn't so tired I'd walk out to the
van and see how many dogs were entered.

I've run under this judge before, and thought her courses were tight,
but this ST course today took the cake. Her courses just keep getting
uglier. I ran Rush on her Open ST course, and it was a fair test of an
Open dog. Rush is moved up to EX ST and JWW tomorrow, and I expect no
issues, he's in 12".

Shame on me for not pulling Winston from EX ST. We've been working
hard on tightening him up and getting him confidant enough to give me at
least _some of the speed he has in practice, then I put him on this
course. In my defense, I _did keep to my plan of, once getting a NQ,
trying to find flow and get off the course as gracefully as possible.
He got to gut a toy and eat chicken strips, so he was happy. {Yikes, I
forgot to stop by the Chinese place for his BBQ pork. Bad Mom.}

Running Winston on that course today was like trying to race a
super-charged MACK truck on a miniature golf course. If the JWW course
is ugly tomorrow, I'm scratching.

There. I feel better now.

Debbie

Old May 30th 04, 04:45 AM
Shelly & The Boys

"Debbie S" wrote in message
I've just added another judge. She's going to be deprived of seeing my
beautiful GSD run, because it will be a cold day in hell before I'd
enter Kira under her. And I hope she enjoys judging Winston tomorrow,
because it's the last time he'll run in her ring.

Ack. I came *this* close to coming down there today (there's only
so much housework I can handle!!), but opted to stay home & be lazy.
I guess I'm glad I didn't, since I was hoping to see Kira run.

Spent the afternoon watching Bodhi & a friend's young GSD (cute, all
black w/ a small white spot on his chest--about 5 mos. old) play. That pup
was adorable, and if he weren't a _G_SD, I might's swiped him. ;-)
Shelly & The Boys

Old May 30th 04, 08:29 PM
Robin Nuttall

Debbie S wrote:
I've had a very short list of judges I won't enter under for the past
few years. Only two, actually. One I won't enter a novice dog under,
the other I won't enter under unless it's a _great trial in all other
aspects.

Heh. You share yours and I'll share mine--feel free to email me privately.

Old May 30th 04, 08:29 PM
Robin Nuttall

Debbie S wrote:
I've had a very short list of judges I won't enter under for the past
few years. Only two, actually. One I won't enter a novice dog under,
the other I won't enter under unless it's a _great trial in all other
aspects.

Heh. You share yours and I'll share mine--feel free to email me privately.

To all agility people - here and there Judy Dog behavior 45 May 27th 04 03:23 AM
To all agility people - here and there Judy Dog behavior 0 May 25th 04 04:40 PM
beginning agility J1Boss Dog behavior 0 March 11th 04 12:04 AM
Delaware Ohio KC AKC Agility Trial - April 17/18 - Wilmington, OH Lisa Baird Dog activities 0 January 12th 04 11:42 PM
1 Day Left to Enroll in the 2003 Texas Iron Dogs Camp Andrew Mouser Dog activities 0 October 14th 03 12:12 AM