Pit bulls maul pet to death

Old June 3rd 04, 06:57 PM

Default Pit bulls maul pet to death

I don't usually post here....but that's the heading on this sad story in the
Tornoto Sun - it broke my heart.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...03/483975.html

Old June 3rd 04, 08:08 PM
Tee

"K" wrote in message
I don't usually post here....but that's the heading on this sad story in

the
Tornoto Sun - it broke my heart.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Toront...03/483975.html

That is sad but unfortunately not uncommon. Many breeds, and mixes too,
have done the same. IMO Pit Bull owners have a much higher responsibility
to make their dogs' confinement foolproof, but the reality is that you
rarely know what your dog is capable of until it shows you.

--
Tara

Old June 3rd 04, 08:31 PM
sionnach

"Tee" wrote:

Many breeds, and mixes too,
have done the same.

Yep. I think I posted here about the incident last year wherein Dani's
grandmother and her small dog were attacked in similar fashion by a loose
Husky.
Dani's grandmother was badly bitten trying to protect her dog, and the dog
was nearly killed; the entire side of her body was torn open. By some
miracle, she actually survived; another small dog that the Husky attacked
the same day was killed.

And it's not at all uncommon for Huskies to behave that way if they're
untrained and allowed to run at large- but it doesn't make the news because
it's not "sensational" when it happens.

Old June 3rd 04, 08:37 PM
Tee

"sionnach" wrote in message

"Tee" wrote:

Many breeds, and mixes too,
have done the same.

Yep. I think I posted here about the incident last year wherein Dani's
grandmother and her small dog were attacked in similar fashion by a loose
Husky.
Dani's grandmother was badly bitten trying to protect her dog, and the

dog
was nearly killed; the entire side of her body was torn open. By some
miracle, she actually survived; another small dog that the Husky attacked
the same day was killed.

And it's not at all uncommon for Huskies to behave that way if they're
untrained and allowed to run at large- but it doesn't make the news

because
it's not "sensational" when it happens.

I think this would have made the news regardless of breed simply because the
dogs were leashed and with their owner so it wasn't your typical loose dog
scenario.

--
Tara