Do Dogs Laugh?

Old June 5th 04, 01:17 AM
camocarmen

Default Do Dogs Laugh?

Do dogs find humor in anything? Do they laugh? Is there such a thing as
doggie "Punk'd"?

My Belgian Malinois often ambushes my BC. The BM has done this since he was
a pup and the BC was 3yrs. He stalks the BC and then WHOOSH -KABAMM-
UMMMPHHH. There's a ball of fur and BC hair flying. Yes, I know the real
reason why the BM does it - but my question is does he find this funny -
especially when he really surprises the BC causing the BC to trip over his
own legs. Does the BM laugh at the BC?

Does the BC think it's funny when the BM doesn't see a tree trunk because of
the Frisbee's "hypnotic effect"? WHAM-SHAKE-RUN-Caught it anyway!

Do my dogs think it's funny when my 14 yr cat tries to catch a bird and
misjudges distance miserably?

Does my cat think it's funny when the dogs lift their heads up under the
table and BONK!

Do the BM, BC, and cat think it's funny when my 15 yr mostly-blind and
all-deaf Dachshund stands in front of an open door because he doesn't know
if it's really open or not. (The door is a tinted (reflective) storm door
that he has run into full-speed too many times. I have to pick him up over
the threshold).

What are your thoughts? Does any animal have a sense of humor -not just
emulating human behavior? (maybe primates) What about horses, marine
mammals, birds, etc...

Carmen