Puppy Biting

Old June 6th 04, 01:04 AM
TK

Default Puppy Biting

To Anyone that can help.

I have a 4 month old American Bulldog puppy that has lately start to bite
quite hard or viciously. It started with biting of the hands, hard enough to
draw blood. Then it went to arms and legs. The most recent event happen just
a few minutes ago. I was sitting on the couch with the dog laying her head
on my lap. I was petting her gently and she was just relaxing. All of a
sudden lifted her head and went right for my face to bite. Luckily I was
able to block her with my arm, but I now have two puncture wounds in my arm.
Then she kept attacking my arm. I had to put her in the crate to stop her.
Now my whole family is frighten of her. I am at my wits end. I have tried
everything. I have read numerous books and articles on the Internet and have
tried them all. From yelping to smacking a rolled paper against the table to
startled her. That worked for about three days. I have never hit her but
came very close today.

Please help. The only option I have right now is to try to give her away.

TK

Old June 6th 04, 02:29 AM
C.L.

"TK" wrote in message

Please help. The only option I have right now is to try to give her away.

You definitely need a professional to come to your house and help you out.
No one on here is going to be able to help quickly or accurately enough. My
puppy bites. . . but it's mouthing. She would never draw blood from it.
You've got a scary situation going on there. Find a certified professional
before you give her away. She deserves that much.

Old June 6th 04, 02:36 AM
culprit

"C.L." wrote in message

"TK" wrote in message

Please help. The only option I have right now is to try to give her

away.

You definitely need a professional to come to your house and help you out.
No one on here is going to be able to help quickly or accurately enough.

My
puppy bites. . . but it's mouthing. She would never draw blood from it.
You've got a scary situation going on there. Find a certified professional
before you give her away. She deserves that much.

agreed except for one thing. if all else fails, please do NOT give that dog
away to bite someone else. have her humanely euthanized. it would be
irresponsible to hand off a vicious dog to another family.

-kelly

Old June 6th 04, 02:39 AM
micha el

TK wrote: