The Smartest Dog I Know

Old June 6th 04, 10:25 PM
Leah

Default The Smartest Dog I Know

I'm not sure if I've mentioned Starchaser here before.

Chase is a 1-1/2 year old GSD that I've known since I met her in the aisles
when she was about 9 months old. At that time, she was fearful of humans. She
had already been through a puppy class, but after working with her to get her
to take food from me, mom wanted to put her into one of my basic classes. She
has since graduated intermediate. So I know the little dickens pretty well.

Shy? This dog was once shy? She's very friendly and affectionate, and now
that she's gotten some maturity, in a more GSD-like way. (At one time, she was
jumping up on strangers to kiss them.) She loves everybody, people and other
dogs, and is completely confident and at ease in any situation.

And she is the most intelligent dog I've ever met.

Chase learned how to use tools. Mom was wondering why she kept bringing sticks
into the house. Then she caught her using them to poke the food out of her
kong.

Mom found a chair pulled up to a counter, and stuff that would normally have
been out of Chase's reach disturbed.

And recently mom bought her one of those silly Petsitter video tapes. Chase
acted like she didn't like it. She barked at it. But mom left it on, and left
the house.

When she came home, the TV was turned off.

Canine Action Dog Trainer
http://www.canineaction.com
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html